With its 22D release launching in November, Oracle Eloqua is adding a number of enhancements to help marketers work smarter through better data analytics, reporting, integrations with other tools/platforms, and much more. This blog post explores some of the highlights in the 22D Release and also connects you to useful Oracle resources to learn more about the new 22D Release:
Three new reports available
Every B2B marketer understands the importance of measurement for proving and improving performance. You can’t improve what you don’t measure. As such, 22D will offer three new, standard reports to help marketers better track their audiences and the quality of audience engagement.
New Report 1 - Database Growth Trend Report: This is a standard report that offers Eloqua users a deeper look into their database growth trends by showing:
- Growth rates for Total Contacts and Reachable Contacts (i.e., contacts with email addresses that have neither hard bounced nor globally unsubscribed). The report also includes prebuilt graphs and visual indicators to show upward or downward movements in these growth rate trends.
New Report 2 - Auto Activity Analysis Report: Provided on a monthly basis, this standard report offers a breakdown of open and click activities, including auto-generated activities, by campaign.
- An auto-generated activity is a click or open that’s been done by a bot or scamming/privacy tool that opens/clicks in order to check for malicious content. Segmenting auto activity helps marketers understand when their engagement efforts are reaching humans and when they’re reaching bots/tools. Obviously, B2B marketers would prefer to engage humans, not bots.
New Report 3 - Contact Field Analysis Report: Provides a breakdown of field usage in order to help marketers understand and therefore improve the effectiveness of their forms and fields within them.
- The new CFA Report features new calculated measures, including: (1) Total Values; (2) % of fields populated; (3) Missing Values; and (4) % of Missing Values. A bar chart helps users visualize the relationship between fields populated versus missing fields.
Integrations and plug-ins
B2B marketers live in a world of proliferating martech applications and platforms. These tools need to “play nice with one another” in order to deliver value, and 22D reflects that integrative and value-adding impulse:
Updated Support for Webex App: 22D supports Cisco’s new Webex webinar app offering by enabling Actions, Feeders, and Decisions (see below) for webinar and meeting registration. These capabilities make it simple for Oracle Eloqua users to identify and engage with people who have registered for a Webex webinar.
- Feeders “allow external systems to determine and control which contacts or custom objects enter into a campaign or program canvas,” so you can pull webinar registrants in.
- Actions are defined as “steps on a campaign or program canvas that are delegated to an external system,” so you can plan how to interact with webinar registrants.
- Finally, Decisions “are steps on a campaign or program canvas that directly control the path a contact or custom object takes as they flow through a canvas,” so you can orchestrate engagement depending on how interactions go.
Updates to Microsoft Outlook Add-In (coming in December): This 22D feature is more about licenses: post-update, Eloqua users must have both Oracle Engage and Outlook licenses in order to log in. Oracle notes that no additional purchase will be needed. The add-in provides users with easy access to both Oracle Eloqua Profiler and Engage straight through Microsoft Outlook's email composer. It offers a seamless and consistent experience for sales users to interact with key prospects across a range of platforms and devices.
Integration of Oracle Fusion Analytics Warehouse [FAW] for Eloqua: FAW provides analytics for Oracle Cloud applications. The native integration extracts and loads campaign data directly from the Eloqua Insight data warehouse. The integration also offers prebuilt KPIs, metrics, and reports for Eloqua campaign analytics.
Other 22D Enhancements
- Bulk API Updates: The Bulk API contact app supports high volume data transfer – and its exports can now include source campaign id and fields, enabling for more accurate tracking and measurement. All Special fields (for example, id) are now included in Fields endpoints.
- Engage Send Limits are now Generally Available: As all B2B marketers know, the cadence of messaging is an important factor for driving conversion. When you send too many messages, you turn customers off and also tarnish your brand reputation, not to mention triggering problems with your email deliverability. Engage send limits, now in GA with 22D, help manage the number of emails a sales rep can send to the same contact over a period of time. While these send limits apply to Engage and Oracle Eloqua Sales Tools for MS Outlook, they do NOT impact Eloqua marketing sends.
For more details about Oracle Eloqua’s 22D Release, you can access an Oracle Eloqua “explainer video” here (free). For more information about how Oracle Eloqua can help you prove and improve your B2B marketing efforts, contact us.